Dr. Michael Rasansky brings compassion and listening skills to the clinical practice of medicine. He is a well-trained ophthalmologist who chose to do an extra year of fellowship training above and beyond his residency requirements. Born to a family of doctors, Dr. Rasansky understands that patients come first. He emulates the care and concern he has seen from other physicians in his family: father, uncles and grandparents.
Dr. Rasansky believes that patients have the right to know everything about their own medical issues. He is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to educate his patients. He prides himself on taking the extra time necessary to educate and inform the patients he serves.
- Undergrad: University of Michigan—Ann Arbor, B.A. 2002
- Medical: Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine—Ft. Lauderdale, FL, D.O. 2006
- Internship: POH Regional Medical Center– Pontiac, MI 2006-07
- Residency: Detroit Osteopathic Ophthalmology Consortium of Michigan State University—Detroit, MI, 2007-2010
- Fellowship in Glaucoma: University Eye Specialists—affiliate of Northwestern University Chicago, IL, 2010-2011
- William Beaumont Hospital: Royal Oak, MI
- Botsford General Hospital: Farmington Hills, MI
- Lakes Surgery Center: West Bloomfield, MI